Monday, September 19, 2011

Crazy LITTLE thing called LOVE




Where do I even begin??? Matt & I were blessed on August 4th @ 8:57p.m. with our wonderful little man, Mack Howard Ehlert. He was 7lbs 2oz and 20 1/2 inches long. It was the most amazing day of our lives, it was amazing how you can LOVE something so LITTLE so MUCH!
For those who don't let me tell you the store on how our little man made his debet..... Matt & I got up on that Thursday morning as if it was any regular morning, it was my 38 week appointment and like all appointments Matt meets me at the doctors office. Well, Matt left for work to get his day started & I realized something was DIFFERENT I called my mom to asked her if she wouldn't mind riding along with me in case something happened along the way. Well, before my mom got there I noticed I was "leaking" and so naturally I called Matt and told him....and naturally he didn't believe me at first and told me I wasn't "leaking" but that I "peed" on myself.... I of course laughed and to Matt you just wait and see..... About half way to College Station..... MY WATER BREAKS! (This all happens as I am driving!!!) I couldn't help myself but to just laugh!!!! My mom asked if I wanted her to drive the rest of the way, but I told her I was fine that I need to be in control (naturally).
When we finally got to the doctors office, and met Matt; I asked him to please come over to my car to see my SEAT, because I wanted to prove to him that it was not pee, but MY WATER BROKE... and It was time!!!! We got to the ER at 11 and my labor didn't really start till about 1. I must admit it truly wasn't bad, more exciting then anything.

Every day is a new milestone it seems, he has been lifting up his head from day one. At about 3 weeks he started skooting from one end of his bassinet/crib to the other. At 5 weeks he began to smile some, which is the most rewarding thing ever! It's so wonderful to be able to work for myself/parents and have him there with me. When I am in the salon he stays next door at the office with his Grammi (my mom). And I know that the both are truly enjoying their time together.

Well, that is all for now. I'll be back soon :)
God Bless us all!

1 comment:

  1. He is PRECIOUS! I'll follow your blog. You can check mine out at http://buckupbaby.blogspot.com

    Take care!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete